Instagram: @genevievealthea

Saturday 20 April 2013

11.52. Onward and Upward.

"To die would be an awfully big adventure." ~ Peter Pan.

I wasn't quite sure what I was going for with this image, and it ended up being a little different to how I planned it - with no way to access certain things, and a few new ideas. But all good! 

Anyway, this is my dear friend Adam. He is a wonderful photographer, a great model, and an even better friend. 

OH! And this photo was taken at the 'Brisbane Photographers Meetup'!  A new phenomenon that I hope will catch on and become like the well known meetups in America (one day... one day!).  A bunch of us met up (most people turning up about an hour late... photographers. eh.) and then ventured on to 'the secret forest'!  After a 2.2km walk (a bloomin' long walk with all of our gear!) we finally got to an opening, and before my eyes was the place I had only heard good words about.  THE Secret Forest! It was quite beautiful. With an open field like area to out right and a creek to our left, the track behind us and the forest in front, we were spoilt for choice, location wise.  We all came to a log and pretty much collapsed (being creatives, we're not usually participants of physical activity. So y'know,  we were pretty warn out from our walk haha). Slowly, we got into action.  Organising who would work and assist on what shoot, and who would model next for who etc. - it was go time! 

- For months, I have had this idea swimming around my head.  Although I had imangined it a bit differently. 
I think I will make this a series.  So, keep an eye out! 

11.52. Onward and Upward. by Child.Like.Mind


The meet up consisted of photographers by the names of (in no particular order) - Blah.Adam (aka Adam Thomas Photography), Savvy Smiling in Love (or better known as Savvy Creative), CKing PhotographyYasMoose (aka Yaseera Moosa Photography), June July Creative and Aimée and Paul (who unfortunately don't have pages you can access). All such brilliant photographers! Definitely check them ALL out! 

It was a truly wonderful day! I cannot wait for the next meetup! 


What I am listening to: Paint - The Paper Kites. It is a gloriously beautiful song and I listened to it on repeat while editing this photo and for the past little while... okay, for quite a few hours.  Oh and Sav and I listened to it twice this morning. So, it's safe to say that I'm in love with this song! SO beautiful. 
I love The Paper Kites!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment