Instagram: @genevievealthea

Sunday 30 June 2013

Tremendously Passionate.

"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it." ~ Julia Child

Hello there beautiful people!
So I have been thinking (as I do) about having a passion and what that means. 
The technical definition is pretty spot on - 

pas·sion  

/ˈpaSHən/



  1. Strong and barely controllable emotion.
  2. A state or outburst of such emotion. 

I know that I have definitely felt passion before - passion for photography, for family and friends and a passion for God. 

Lately I have really noticed my passion for photography. I think it is something that has been building up for quite some time, but it has finally become "serious".  It truly occurred to me when I was out shopping with my parents, and usually a normal girl would be super into the shopping - but not me. In that moment, I was talking to several photographers - sharing opinions, dreams and ideas; as well as planning out my next shoot (which is on my Flickr) as well as checking my emails about a photography project coming up in a few months as well as checking my Flickr for updates... My mind is consumed by photography! 

Even in my dreams, I do and think about photography. 

I think that having a passion is something we all need - something to drive us, to give us something to strive towards, to work at and do better at, and finally, something to feel proud about. 

I know I mention it a lot, but I cannot stress how important it is to have encouragement and support behind you, and your passion. For me, that came from 1. my friends and family and 2. from Flickr. It makes me excited that some of the Flickr people have become my friends also. Like this morning, I got to Skype one of my (kind of) new Flickr friends in America. It was such a happy moment. Confessing "I can't believe this is real life" with him replying "you bet it is real" (or something along those lines). It blows my mind that I can message/text friends from all over the world, let alone see and hear them. My passion is not just a passion now, but a huge part of my life. AND I AM HAPPY! 

Always remember, even when things get hard, if you find yourself comparing your passion to others with the same or similar passion/interest, and if you just feel a bit down your passion; know that we all go through times like this, and that there will be people around you who will want to encourage you - those who can see your potential, even when you can't see it! (top tip: surround yourself with those people!!!) 





And always remember: 






What I am listening to: Blumenthal - Ulrich Schnauss. This song was sent to me by my wonderful and talented friend Cameron (please check out his work). 
The first time I heard this song, I realised that magic moments really do happen in real life. 

Just remember, you are wonderful, and worth more then you realise. 
And always, do what makes YOU happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment