Instagram: @genevievealthea

Thursday 19 February 2015

My (late) Mid-Week Refreshment Update.

Mid-week (well a day late) and I am still on a creative roll! 

Day 1 consisted of blog writing, cooking, reading Kinfolk and altering one of my Nana's old summer dresses (I am seriously so flopping happy with it!).



Day 2 was mainly filled with book reading and daydreaming (what I am considering part of my restorative process).


Day 3 was a brilliant day. Myself, Lesley and Adam went on a spontaneous road trip to the absolutely beautiful Kondalilla Falls in Montville. The day was incredibly perfect (well my kind of perfect) -  rain, fog and a glorious cool breeze. I adore all of these elements and have to say that they constitute my ideal/perfect weather/day. 

We made our way to Maleny, where we stopped to enjoy a brisk picnic in the clouds and fog.  The moment we stepped out of the car we were blasted with wind and rain. After laying down a rug we sat and enjoyed the treats we had bought for the picnic... this soon became like a game as we battled the wind and rain to quickly eat our snacks (while they were still in tact and not completely soggy).  After our short break we continued on to what we thought was Kondalilla National Park, although ended up getting a bit lost (thanks google maps... NOT).  But eventually, we found it!

From the car park we organised our stuff, making sure we left our spare/dry clothes behind and then trekked in the rain to the Falls.   
With the sound of the water falls crashing and the rain splashing on the ground, we entered the open area with the swimming hole. I had never seen it like this before - the water was so high up and flowing faster than I had ever seen it before, the trees were rich with colour and the sky was filled with low, fast moving cloud. It was a truly beautiful sight. 

We spent a couple of hours relaxing, swimming and enjoying the view and the rain before getting dry and heading back to the car. From there we drove to the centre of town, where we ended up at same restaurant that we happened upon a year ago (which also happened to be a very rainy day). 
It felt right. The three of us sat in that same restaurant, getting warm and dry, and filling our bellies with delicious food. 

All in all it was such a glorious day and I am so glad that it happend. 







#myhandinstrangersgardens






A day like this makes me excited for winter! 

This was the perfect way to spend my last wednesday before going back to University next week. 

Which brings us to today. 

Day 4 was spent mostly looking out the window, enjoying the rain and the breeze. 
But was also spent editing the footage I took yesterday and made it into a film! Yayayay. 

So, here it is! 


No comments:

Post a Comment