Instagram: @genevievealthea

Thursday 22 May 2014

Films the Inspire me: Into The Wild

“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”
― Christopher McCandless



I was recently reminded of this film (goodness knows how I forgot about it). 
There are truly no words to describe the feeling I get when I see images, let alone scenes from this film. It's like someone tuned on a fountain of emotions inside of me and they are all bubbling up at once, trying to escape, but they just can't. I don't know what actually goes on inside me when I see this film - but I get all tingly and fizzy inside and feel like crying from the sheer beauty of it all. 


When I first saw this movie, I spent days talking about it (my poor parents got an ear full). But I just couldn't get over the beauty of the whole thing. I replayed scenes in my head, constantly thinking about the places he went and about the words he has said - again, feeling all of the emotions I had felt from watching the film days before. It was incredible, as I had never been so taken aback by a film - well, so much so that I spent days mulling over it again and again.






From the incredibly perfect cinematography and beautiful soundtrack, to the mind blowing landscapes of Alaska and a story that tugs at the heart strings (with lessons of survival and companionship in the mix), this film is seriously one you cannot go past. I think everyone needs to see this film at least once in their lives.   


I had recently heard many good things about the book/biography, so I went out and bought it. Cannot wait to get stuck into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment